Governor vacancy information
We are looking for a new Governor to join our team of volunteers at Marshgate Primary School in Richmond. It is a great way to get involved in education, develop key management skills and learn about current education issues.
You will be part of a strong team of volunteers and school staff who work constructively together to both support and challenge the school. Being a school governor is a great way to learn new skills. We are looking for the sort of person who has the ability to build relationships, work as part of a team, analyse data and write reports. All decisions are made collectively with the Governing Body and in Committee meetings.
To help you achieved this the Governing Body will:
- give you a structured induction
- Pair you with an experienced Governor as a mentor
- provide access to quality training via the Local Authority
To give you an idea of time commitment:
- attend four meetings evening meetings per year of the full Governing Body (6.30pm start until 8.30pm approximately)
- sit on one or more Committees and attend the meetings (six a year) – often at 8.00am or 2.00pm
- visit the school formally and informally during term time
As well as the Full Governing Body there are three committees:
- Resourcing – looks at budgets, staffing and premises
- Children, Families and Community – looks at issues such as Safeguarding, pupil well-being and community issues
- Curriculum and Progress – looks at the school curriculum and how the school tracks the progress of the pupils.
Governors take on the role for a four year period. If you would like to know more then please contact Helen Cox on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alternatively you can contact Angela Langford at Governor Support at the Local Authority. Her email is email@example.com