The Government recommends that children should have 60 minutes activity per day. Currently they advise they should recieve 30 minutes in school and 30 minutes at home. At Marshgate we cater and ensure all children recieve at least 30 minutes of activity per day through PE lessons, active lunchtimes and sports leaders competitions along with our whole school Wellness Warrior and Daily Mile Destinations initiatives.
Have a look below for some ideas on how to engage your family in activity, particularly during current restrictions.
Home Activity and exercise for children during Lockdown
News from Mr Healy and Mrs Macpherson, PE Co-ordinators
Every weekday at 5pm until the end of term (18th December), The Youth Sport Trust (YST) are running a 30-minute online club for all children and young people to do some sport, develop skills and most importantly, have fun!
· Adventure Monday – This might involve getting children to do floor, wall climbing and map reading all within their living room
· Tuesday Play – Imaginative play utilising resources in the house to create games and activities to get active
· Wild Wednesday – Some high tempo competitive activities involving personal challenges
· Thinking Thursday – Introducing cognitive challenges for children through movement. Active noughts and crosses and introducing an element of competition – whether that be against themselves, the clock, their siblings or remotely with friends
· Fun Friday – A chance for children to let loose and have some fun. Dancing and doing what makes them feel good. The activities can be accessed on the YST YouTube channel.