Remote Home Learning
Remote Home Learning 2021
Whole School Closure
- Marshgate Primary’s Safeguarding policy applies equally in school and to all Remote Learning.
- All children and staff should be appropriately dressed and in an appropriate place (no pyjamas or bedrooms). If a child presents inappropriately they will be excluded from the meeting immediately and parents informed.
- No one to one virtual meetings with children are permitted.
- Backgrounds must be appropriate.
- Children will always be supervised online by a staff member during any live teaching.
- To provide all aspects of outstanding teaching and learning as close as possible to in class learning.
- To deliver the planned curriculum, supporting the application of new knowledge and skills.
- To continue excellent teaching through, questioning, eliciting and reflective discussion.
- To enable pupils to receive feedback on their work and know how to progress.
- Year 2 to Year 6 will use Google classroom as an interactive teaching platform.
- Reception and Year 1 will use Seesaw as an interactive teaching platform.
- Alternative printed materials will be provided/delivered for those who need it.
- Children with SEN or EAL will be provided with differentiated teaching and learning materials.
- Live teaching including teaching videos and voiced PowerPoints will be provided.
- All work will be uploaded by, at least, 8.00am on day of teaching/learning is required.
- Teachers will provide live teaching meets:
- To set and teach the day’s learning - at 9.00am or 9.30am (whole class).
- To review children’s submitted work and teach / address misconceptions – afternoon x two meets – appropriate groupings / 30-40 minutes per group – time as needed. Groups may be larger for older children or smaller for the younger children but every child will have this academic review meet at least once a day.
- Children should complete the set work before the teaching review meets. All work is compulsory. Children may upload work or present at google meets.
- Teachers will assess completed work, feedback and ensure progression during afternoon teaching meets.
- Home learning will start on Day 1 of isolation / quarantine.
- Teachers will know which children need a computer loan, in advance and these children will be provided with a laptop. (List with Deputy Head Teacher).
- Parents can also request computer loans or IT support through their teacher.
- All teachers will consult the SENCO to ensure children are appropriately challenged.
- The SENCO, subject leaders and the Senior Leadership Team will monitor all home learning.