Letter from Mr Bracken, Head Teacher
Dear Marshgate Pupils and Parents/Carers,
I hope you had a great summer and are feeling ready and excited for the start of the new school year. I am certainly very excited about starting my Marshgate journey as the new Head Teacher and very much look forward to meeting you all.
As you may know, Government guidance for schools has shifted. We will maintain a vigilant approach to hand washing, deep cleaning and appropriate ventilation. We will continue to follow local authority and national guidance and will respond as required in the event of any significant outbreaks.
I know that the whole Marshgate team are very excited about having the children back again, in anticipation of the buzz of enjoyable learning and social fulfilment, while maintaining our responsibility to ensure the highest standards in health and safety.
Extensive works were successfully carried out to the school’s heating system while the school was closed during the summer holiday. As a result of these works, a new gas meter will be fitted close to the Sheen Road access gate.
This work will require excavation across Sheen Road and will result in a complete closure of the school gate on Sheen Road and the Reception red gates at the top of the steps, to the school community, for a period of approximately ten days. The planned dates for this are Monday, 6th September to Thursday, 16th September. I didn’t envisage this restriction being in place for the start of our new school year and understand that it may inconvenience families.
While the closure of this gate is for a relatively short period of time and while not ideal, I appreciate your support and cooperation with our temporary access plans for the Sheen Road gate which is the usual access gate for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Please see below for the specific arrangements for this period.
Sheen Road gate and Reception red gate closure:
- Closure from Monday 6th September - Thursday 16th September 2021 (any changes to these dates will be communicated)
- All children and families enter and exit via the main double gates on Queens Road.
- Reception families will be directed by Marshgate members of staff to walk around the building to the KS2 side entrance to the hall and continue into the Reception outside area.
- Reception exiting arrangements (until children are staying for lunch) - children will be dismissed from the KS2 playground by the teachers - parents please queue through the carpark.
- Year 1 enter will be directed by Marshgate members of staff to walk around the school building to the KS2 side entrance to the hall and continue through the Reception outside area to the KS1 playground.
- Year 2 enter through the car park, across the KS2 playgrounds and access the KS1 playground from the far end of the school building (again Marshgate staff will be on hand to direct you).
- Year 1 and Year 2 arrangements for collection at 3.20pm will be the same as for morning drop off.
- KS2 (Year 3-6) start and end of day access arrangements are unaffected. Please drop off in the KS2 playground by 8.45am, the bell will not be rung. Children can enter their classrooms when the Learning Support Assistant indicates to do so at 8.45am. Early morning work will be provided until registration at 8.55am.
Marshgate calendar on the website
Please do take a look at the website for up and coming events. In particular, we have scheduled Curriculum Talks in September. Further information to follow.
Mr Dermot Bracken
Marshgate Primary School