Marshgate achieves Eco School Status
We have been awarded Eco School Silver status as recognition of our many environmental achievements to date. This is a national recognition of excellence. The award recognises:
- The completion of our large solar power project.
- The amazing progress at growing our own vegetables and the ongoing development of the wildlife area.
- The work carried out investigating global warming, as well as identifying what can be done both at school and at home to help reduce our contribution.
- The completion of an energy survey by independent consultants and acting upon their findings to reduce our energy use.
- Other projects completed and undertaken by the school over the last few years, including the wildlife garden, the recently launched composting scheme, the support shown by parents pledging to reduce their energy use and completing the Carbon Challenge.
- The work of the Eco Action Team comprising those on the Governors Premises Committee and the children’s Eco Action Team on the School Council.
- The undertaking of an environmental audit to identify future environmental action and projects.
- The many visitors who have helped to inform the children about environmental issues.