Aims and values
"Where each child can be inspired and be inspiring"
Aims and Values
Marshgate Primary School is an inclusive multi-cultural, multi-faith school. Excellence, continually raising standards and the achievement of full potential for every child are our overriding priorities. Self-respect and respect for others and their views are our core values.
- To ensure the school ethos fosters attitudes and relationships which enable every child to achieve their full potential, irrespective of culture, religion, ethnicity, gender or disability.
- To ensure each child develops knowledge and skills, and attitudes through the provision of a high quality broad and balanced curriculum, which will lead to future success.
- To provide the highest quality learning environment where children feel self-confident, happy and secure.
- To help each child develop a learning disposition, resilience, a love of learning and an enquiring mind and creativity which will empower them for life long learning.
- To encourage autonomy in learning through the development of attitudes of co-operation, respect for others, self-reliance and responsibility.
- To ensure the highest standards of learning and teaching.
- To encourage and develop parental and community involvement in the life and work of the school recognising the valuable contribution all can make.
- To achieve high standards through the continuous development of staff and governors.