Parent Staff Association - PSA
All parents, carers and staff of our school are automatically members of the Marshgate Parents Staff Association (PSA).
Please feel free to have a chat with us next time you see us at the school playground, come to one of our coffee mornings or get in touch with us through Classlist or your class reps. You can also contact us at email@example.com
The PSA team is very approachable!
Who we are:
The PSA is managed by a core team (‘committee’), whose members (‘officers’) are voted in at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) or at a Special General Meeting (SGM) for an 18-month term. The most recent appointments took place in January 2022, including a new chair, vice-chair, secretary and treasurers.
The PSA has been a registered charity since 2004 and has its own constitution.
What we do:
As a PSA throughout the year, we organise a number of events to enhance and foster the school’s community spirit; just as importantly, these events help raise important funds for curricular and non-curricular activities and resources for the Marshgate children.
During the current school year, the PSA event calendar has included bingo nights, book bazaars, bake sales and film screenings. In addition, the PSA also organises the school’s winter and summer fairs, which are our biggest (and biggest fundraising) events.
How the funds are used:
The funds raised by the PSA provide supplemental finance for the school, which often changes from year to year following discussions with the school.
From ensuring all children can join day trips and fun activities at school to supplying tablets to families who wouldn’t have internet access otherwise during lockdown, refurbishing the playground and purchasing sports equipment, these are just a few examples of how the funds the PSA raises go back to our children.
All key financial decisions are discussed and agreed upon by the core PSA team, which currently includes nine members, while as a registered charity we must present an annual trustees’ report.
How you can help:
The PSA relies on the goodwill and generosity of our community as, without your help, we would not be able to achieve our goals. Your support is optional but very much welcome!
Throughout the year we will regularly ask for donations and volunteers, as all PSA events are volunteer-run (we have also put together this list of ten ways you can support the PSA if you don’t have time to volunteer).
In addition, if you feel that you have a particular skill or talent that you think could help us in any of our events or fundraising activities please let us know.
How to stay up to date with the PSA
- Keep an eye on your emails – all key PSA announcements are always communicated through ParentMail first
- Sign up on Classlist – this is where further details and reminders are shared but also where tickets for our events go on sale
- Speak with your class reps – they are part of the extended PSA team and often have additional information about what the PSA is planning
- Follow us on Facebook – help us grow our followers’ list and, where relevant, tag us and share your photos
- Attend one of our events – our coffee mornings and our AGM are a great way to find out more about the PSA and have a say… after all, we are here to represent our parent and carer community!